English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to check: to verify, to examine, to ensure
- "The line for the toilet was enormous, so I went to the ladies' toilet, but then a woman was scared and she called the police of the stadium. The stadium police took me to the real police, we went under the stadium and they checked my papers."
- "Hannah : Yes, the last time I checked."
- "I checked my watch, everything was okay."
- "But when I checked my pockets, I didn't have enough to pay."
- "I checked my documents in the C-drive and it's empty!"
- "One time I woke up in the morning, and he was checking all my text messages."
- "Your performance on memory tests has impressed me from afar, and truly, when you checked the box marked "No need to review", it was then that I realized I could no longer keep my deep admiration for you a secret."
- "But have you checked another folder?"
- "I checked our auto insurance as you requested."
- "You dealt with minor setbacks like Luna DeLune's absurd claim that her LunaBot "had bad energy" (we checked the voltage, she was fine)."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Check-verb'? Share it with us!