English vocabulary and translations (See all)
common: normal, frequent, ordinary, regular
Chang is a very common name in China.
We have a friend in common, his name is Chang, I think he was my friend before yours though.
And now Chang will answer a few commonly-asked questions. And now Chang will answer a few frequently-asked, regular questions.
Dr. Chang told me that it's common for men of my age to start losing their hair.
- "It's becoming a common condition here, due to our increased exposure to ultraviolet radiation."
- "Isn't a pizza company a bit common?"
- "Woman on cassette tape : Premature ejaculation is a common condition."
- "This kind of thing is common in rugby."
- "The most common way to become a manager is to be given a promotion, often at the expense of your colleagues who think they deserve the position more than you."
- "Studies show that the current "traffic light" labelling system - red, amber and green labels representing the amounts of salt, sugar, and fat - for foods on sale in supermarkets is reasonably common, but not effective enough in reducing obesity."
- "Is that a common American name?"
- "It is also quite common for management positions to be given to friends and relatives of the boss, a practice that is called "nepotism"."
- "This sort of anecdote is becoming more and more common."
- "I see you share a common tongue."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Common'? Share it with us!