English vocabulary and translations (See all)
To complain is usually followed by about or of:
Luna always complains about the smell in the bathroom, but despite all her talk, she doesn't do anything about it.
Kevin Connors complained about the bad working conditions in the factory.
a complaint: a protest, an accusation, a criticism, a problem
His only complaint about the restaurant: the service was terrible.
to file a complaint to officially register, log, report a criticism
UK: I made a complaint about the choice of the music.
US: You're always complaining about your problems!
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Bruno : Brian, it's not good business to give vouchers to people without a legitimate complaint."
- "-The way the complaint is handled will determine if the customer will return or not."
- "I'd like to complain about your perfume, Montmartre Musk."
- "To help us better deal with your complaint, please choose from the following menu"
- "After complaining about the weather for half an hour, she told me that she recently handed over a cheque for £90,000 to a 'nice young man', and that in exchange he promised to re-plaster the ceiling in her sitting room. I'm no expert on re-plastering, but this seems like a rather large sum of money."
- "You wisely modified the settings on PhilipBot's personality console from ‘Insufferable' to ‘Tolerable', which has led to far fewer complaints from SusieBot."
- "He complained of 'intense pancake syndrome', 'lazy eyebrows' and a 'chocolate mistake'."
- "Act to solve all complaints and problems to the customer's satisfaction."
- "I'd like to complain about my husband."
- "Handle each complaint in a courteous and professional manner and to the client's satisfaction."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Complain'? Share it with us!