English vocabulary and translations (See all)
definitely: absolutely, without a doubt, certainly, for sure
In some languages, "definitively" (conclusively, decisively) is a false friend
I will definitely have this report finished by 5 p.m. There's no doubt about it, I will finish it by 5 p.m. for sure.
UK: It's definitely going to snow tonight.
US: Strawberries are definitely my favorite fruit.
- "It's definitely worth bringing this up at the next board meeting."
- "I think you should definitely wear the purple shirt with green stripes – it matches your ears."
- "ChinaCorp will definitely be able to take care of the production requirements you mentioned."
- "Edward : Definitely!"
- "Jean-Pierre : We have definitely caught ourselves a British!"
- "Horatio : Let me be clear: I am definitely willing to part with Miracle Juices."
- "Yeah I think it's definitely a restaurant."
- "Hannah : A cello then, it's definitely some kind of string instrument."
- "The dog definitely voted for me."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Definitely'? Share it with us!