English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to deserve: to merit, to be entitled to, to earn, to justify
I have worked 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 3 years. I deserve this promotion.
UK: He deserved to be sent to prison.
US: Her ideas certainly deserve consideration.
- "Here are the 4 GOLDEN STEPS to receive the compensation you probably deserve"
- "After all, you deserve the best treatment that only a very wealthy sub-section of the population can afford."
- "Narrator : Do you think that these animals deserve these equal rights?"
- "Now, I'd like everyone to treat Jermaine with the insanity and paranoia that he deserves, mmkay?"
- "Now we've come to realise that animals deserve the right to be treated fairly in a place free from discrimination."
- "Like he deserves our respect as a human being, or an ostrich."
- "If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident that wasn't your fault, we can help you get the compensation you deserve!"
- "Don't you think that internet users deserve privacy?"
- "The most common way to become a manager is to be given a promotion, often at the expense of your colleagues who think they deserve the position more than you."
- "You deserve only the best service."
Still having difficulties with 'Deserve'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Deserve'? Share it with us!