English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a desk: a writing table, a work table
Susan has a very large desk at Delavigne, because she needs space to work.
a cash desk a counter or till in a shop to pay for purchases
the reception desk the place in a hotel or office where people go when they arrive
- "Preparation: Please be naked, lying face down on your desk when I arrive."
- "Also, I'm leaving 50 dollars on your desk."
- "Your desk's been cleared"
- "But I don't have a desk!"
- "The policy is on your desk, along with some chocolates."
- "Hannah : What happened to your desk?"
- "Just keep your head down on the desk and we will begin."
- "Tomorrow morning I have to finish an interim financial report, and Kevin still hasn't gotten back to me with the figures I need from the factories in Asia, and I already asked him eight times, and Bruno's going to be furious if the finished report isn't on his desk by 12."
- "Well, by the look of your desk, it was a very intensive session."
- "I have to get these figures from our California retail stores into this spreadsheet, out of that printer, and then onto Philip's desk in the next six minutes, and you are really stressing me out!"
Still having difficulties with 'Desk'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Desk'? Share it with us!