English vocabulary and translations (See all)
during: in the course of, through
I work during the day. I start at 9am and finish at 5pm.
UK: During the war I worked on a farm.
US: Please don't talk during the match.
- "During the booking process, passengers can select the cabin crew for their flight, based on photos and body measurements."
- "During the first quarter of this year, over 5,000 males were surveyed by Smell Solutions about their fragrance buying habits."
- "Yesterday, during my "re-education" session, I endured cruel treatment that had but one goal: to remove the very essence of my Britishness."
- "Thank you for coming on such short notice, during these difficult circumstances."
- "During my travels, however, I realized something: Although I'm an awesome person, my place is here, at the Delavigne Corporation."
- "Although the media has been banned from the meetings, sources have reported yelling, dogs barking, and numerous bottles breaking during the negotiations."
- "I apologize for being in America during my first week as European president."
- "Voice : Who dares disturb the Illuminati during our lunch break?"
- "Any suggestions to help me further dull my senses during the festivities are more than welcome."
- "What do you usually do during your holiday party?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'During'? Share it with us!