English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
an election: a democratic process in which people vote for a government, a president, a representative, etc.
- "I'm concerned about election fraud here-"
- "Susie : Once again Philip, there was no election."
- "Bruno : It's an American tradition, like apple pie and election fraud."
- "I'm in the middle of sabotaging an election in Western Europe."
- "About the election again, can we re-count the votes?"
- "After gaining 99% of his compatriots' votes in the country's first democratic election, General Oléré became our dear Commandante, Presidente, Primer Ministro, nuestro Papá de la Nación."
- "New president of Europe Brian Alistair Jones, the winner in a hotly contested election that divided citizens over issues such as a national cheese, sits in his office with a reflective look on his face."
- "There was no election."
- "And in Bolivia, you may even be denied access to your salary if you don't vote in an election!"
Still having difficulties with 'Election'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Election'? Share it with us!