English vocabulary and translations (See all)
an election: a democratic process in which people vote for a government, a president, a representative, etc.
- "Bruno : It's an American tradition, like apple pie and election fraud."
- "And in Bolivia, you may even be denied access to your salary if you don't vote in an election!"
- "I'm concerned about election fraud here-"
- "New president of Europe Brian Alistair Jones, the winner in a hotly contested election that divided citizens over issues such as a national cheese, sits in his office with a reflective look on his face."
- "I'm in the middle of sabotaging an election in Western Europe."
- "About the election again, can we re-count the votes?"
- "There was no election."
- "Susie : Once again Philip, there was no election."
- "After gaining 99% of his compatriots' votes in the country's first democratic election, General Oléré became our dear Commandante, Presidente, Primer Ministro, nuestro Papá de la Nación."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Election'? Share it with us!