English vocabulary and translations (See all)
an election: a democratic process in which people vote for a government, a president, a representative, etc.
- "Bruno : It's an American tradition, like apple pie and election fraud."
- "After gaining 99% of his compatriots' votes in the country's first democratic election, General Oléré became our dear Commandante, Presidente, Primer Ministro, nuestro Papá de la Nación."
- "I'm in the middle of sabotaging an election in Western Europe."
- "I'm concerned about election fraud here-"
- "And in Bolivia, you may even be denied access to your salary if you don't vote in an election!"
- "New president of Europe Brian Alistair Jones, the winner in a hotly contested election that divided citizens over issues such as a national cheese, sits in his office with a reflective look on his face."
- "There was no election."
- "Susie : Once again Philip, there was no election."
- "About the election again, can we re-count the votes?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Election'? Share it with us!