English vocabulary and translations (See all)
Etcetera (and so on and so forth): Latin expression meaning 'and the rest', 'and so on'
- "Swedes are from Sweden, etcetera."
- "I will of course insist on a good cross-section of society in terms of age, gender, ethnic origin, etc."
- "Party favors (cone-shaped hats, noise-makers, etc.)"
- "We'll start with the basics of the machine and then focus on the Internet, then eventually we'll deal with word processing, spreadsheets, etc."
- "You know how it works: we'll look at how your Delavigne products have been selling this quarter, what you'd like to order more of, what you've still got in stock, etc."
- "They have IT, management training, language courses, etcetera, etcetera."
- "First, make it clear in your invitation how smart the evening is going to be: 'smart', 'casual', 'smart-casual', etc. Second, it is not usually polite to ask your guests to bring anything to dinner."
- "Please find below all of my contact information (telephone and fax numbers, e-mail, address, pager number, etc.) in the event that you would like to arrange a meeting, or simply discuss some specifics."
- "I'd like you to install the necessary software for a Delavigne debutante (FireSox, Thunderpants, Microtosh Office etc.)."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Etcetera'? Share it with us!