English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
Etcetera (and so on and so forth): Latin expression meaning "and the rest", "and so on"
- "I will of course insist on a good cross-section of society in terms of age, gender, ethnic origin, etc."
- "They have IT, management training, language courses, etcetera, etcetera."
- "Swedes are from Sweden, etcetera."
- "Party favors (cone-shaped hats, noise-makers, etc.)"
- "First, make it clear in your invitation how smart the evening is going to be: "smart", "casual", "smart-casual", etc. Second, it is not usually polite to ask your guests to bring anything to dinner."
- "We'll start with the basics of the machine and then focus on the Internet, then eventually we'll deal with word processing, spreadsheets, etc."
- "Please find below all of my contact information (telephone and fax numbers, e-mail, address, pager number, etc.) in the event that you would like to arrange a meeting, or simply discuss some specifics."
- "I'd like you to install the necessary software for a Delavigne debutante (FireSox, Thunderpants, Microtosh Office etc.)."
- "You know how it works: we'll look at how your Delavigne products have been selling this quarter, what you'd like to order more of, what you've still got in stock, etc."
Still having difficulties with 'Etcetera'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Etcetera'? Share it with us!