English vocabulary and translations (See all)
an expression: an idiom, a saying, a phrase; a way of communicating
- "Horatio's face was painted with what I can only assume to be traditional Amazonian facial markings, and his expression seemed bizarre: distant, yet intensely focused."
- "Have you ever heard the expression 'the customer is always right'?"
- "Have you ever heard the expression 'you've got to spend money to make it'?"
- "Today I'm wearing a sky blue shirt, so I'll be using expressions related to the sky and the colour blue."
- "COCKNEY EXPRESSIONS (and their English translations)"
- "Anyhow, next week I will be in your ‘neck of the forest'* (again, I hope I've used the expression correctly)."
- "Bruno : Yes, Brian, hence the expression: 'Surprise Inspection'."
- "Do you have this expression in English?"
- "I choose my expressions for the day when I get dressed each morning."
- "Therefore we'd like you to avoid the following words and expressions (I've explained the more difficult ones for your benefit)"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Expression'? Share it with us!