English vocabulary and translations (See all)
Well, folks...: Well, people... guys... everyone...
Folks isn't often used in a professional context.
That's all, folks! An expression that appeared at the end of the old Warner Bros cartoons.
my folks: my parents, my mum and dad
I'd like you to meet my folks. This is my mum, Claire, and this is my dad, Steve.
UK: I'm going to visit my folks this weekend.
US: That's all for now, folks!
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Ray : Well folks, my pilot Rachid and I just flew over a section of Highway 1, also known as the Pacific Coast Highway, just outside of Malibu."
- "And we don't care about the young folks"
- "Folks, we've all made mistakes like this at one point or another, so let's reserve judgment until we have all the facts."
- "Just a reminder folks, Radio Rhubarb will stay with this story until the bodies are discovered, excuse me, I mean until the situation is explained."
- "Moira : Welcome to an extra special edition of Radio Rhubarb, folks!"
- "That was just the beginning, folks."
- "Never mind folks."
- "Stewardess (Cindy) : Good evening folks."
- "Alright, we're going to take one last quick break folks, and I'll come back to wrap up the show."
- "I think we'll just have to wrap it up now folks."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Folks'? Share it with us!