English vocabulary and translations (See all)
the furniture: the items in a house or office such as chairs, tables, beds etc.
Note that furniture is always singular:
I went to the furniture store last weekend. I bought a table and four chairs for my house.
UK: When I got home, my husband had rearranged all of the furniture.
US: I have just opened an antique furniture shop.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "You forgot vodka and mediocre furniture!"
- "This includes finding your new home and paying the rent, shipping your furniture to your chosen destination, and even providing a private American education for your children."
- "Unless you call a sleeping bag 'furniture'."
- "Michael Doleman : This is Michael Doleman, from the Furniture Depot."
- "She told me that your unexpected presence on and around her furniture has unsettled her."
- "I understand that you've turned one part of this floor into a furniture shop."
- "Michelle Doleman : This is Michelle Doleman, from the Furniture Depot."
- "Announcer : Are you tired of criminals breaking into your office, stealing your precious office supplies, computer equipment and furniture?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Furniture'? Share it with us!