English vocabulary and translations (See all)
You need to go five miles further south to find the village.
(to talk about, to discuss something) further: (to talk about, to discuss something) more, in more depth, deeper, to a greater extent, longer
We will inquire further into the matter. We will let you know what we find out.
(I'll give you) a further 2 hours (to complete the project): (I'll give you) 2 hours more, in addition, extra (to complete the project); (I'll give you) 2 additional hours (to complete the project)
UK: You need to go further south.
US: Before we go any further, can I see your ID?
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Thank you very much, no further questions."
- "Consider this e-mail a first warning, further reports of verbal abuse will result in serious consequences!"
- "Any suggestions to help me further dull my senses during the festivities are more than welcome."
- "Hogwash : $10,000 up front and a further $10,000 upon completion."
- "Bill Tanner : Further questions?"
- "We can discuss this further if you like?"
- "Awaiting further instructions."
- "I would like to invite you to stop by my office at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter further, as well as to provide you with some more information regarding our policy on terminating employees (I mean that in the non-Arnold Schwarzenneger way)."
- "With around 20% of the British population currently falling into the 'obese' category, and a further 40% being classified as 'overweight', the government decided a change was necessary."
- "Edward : It can't be much further now."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Further'? Share it with us!