English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
the government: the group of people who officially control a country, the authorities, the parliament
- "We'll need an unstable government, possibly with a dictator."
- "In an unlikely turn of events, an American tourist has peacefully overthrown the Peacenikland government and crowned himself "King and all-round awesome leader" of the country."
- "I'm sure they already have a stable government."
- "Philip : Her family's really into government."
- "Philip : My god, you take the fun out of government."
- "You with the government?"
- "I am comfortable in high-pressure situations, and I work well both independently and within a team. In addition to my secretarial and research skills, I am an experienced event planner, having arranged Bingo Night for three consecutive years, one of the government's most popular evenings."
- "they control the media, the global economy, the press, the government, the weather and the menu at the Delavigne cafeteria."
Still having difficulties with 'Government'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Government'? Share it with us!