English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
handsome: attractive, good-looking (generally used to describe men); generous, large
Your son Freddy is a very handsome young man. I'm not gay but I could change my mind for a guy like that.
Whoever finds my necklace will receive a handsome reward.
UK: I received a handsome sum of money from my aunt.
US: My father is a very handsome man.
- "Brian : He's tall, handsome, well-dressed, beautiful shoulders, fantastic nose, nice silky fingers-"
- "Although I am your king, I want you to think of me as a really handsome friend, that controls your lives in every way."
- "Marilyn Quincy : Icarus, you never told me you had such handsome colleagues."
- "It is my sad duty to inform you that I am resigning from my positions as Head of Research and Development and Most Handsome Man at the Delavigne Corporation, effective immediately."
- "Warbuckle : Eh, she's going to say: "Hello gentlemen, which one of you handsome fellas is going to kiss me at midnight?"
- "They have peanuts in abundance, and their pilots are very handsome."
- "Bruno's mom : Bonsoir, my handsome husband."
- "Of all the candidates that applied, you're the least qualified, but the most handsome."
- "Still, there is hope for the human resistance: Edward and I have kidnapped the most important and handsome robot - BrianBot!"
- "Our charismatic and handsome leader has granted us the rare privilege of visiting him in his humble palace."
Still having difficulties with 'Handsome'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Handsome'? Share it with us!