English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to hide (from someone): to conceal, to put out of sight (from someone)
The Moon is hiding behind the clouds and I can't see it.
Where did you hide my underwear? I can't find it anywhere.
This is an irregular verb:
I hide / I hid / I have hidden
UK: I don't like it when you hide my stuff. Have you hidden my insulin again?
US: Yes I hid it under a cushion, though I'm not telling you which one.
- "I've told him to hide the monkeys."
- "Jean : And Philip, you should hide because he will be very angry against you."
- "Bruno was acting funny, giving me subtle hints that he might be hiding something."
- "Philip : Well Edward, a guy from the FBI wants a microfiche, and apparently there's a microfiche hidden in your guitar."
- "You have 30 seconds to hide."
- "I haven't got anything to hide."
- "I am Gunter, a talkative taxi driver with nothing to hide."
- "Can't you try hiding the perfume from him?"
- "Are you hiding cards in your saddle?"
- "Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey"
Still having difficulties with 'Hide'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Hide'? Share it with us!