English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to ignore: not to pay attention to, not to take notice of, to disregard
I said "hello" to Susie, but she ignored me and kept on walking.
- "I'm afraid they just don't understand how to cook, and all my complaints to Mr. Stevens, head of catering, have been ignored."
- "You can go ahead and ignore that e-mail."
- "I put my job first, and ignored distractions like personal relationships, friends, lovers even pets and occasionally personal hygiene."
- "However I simply can't ignore the aberrations of her timetable."
- "The key is filtering the most important ones and ignoring the ones that are less urgent."
- "You can ignore the sign that says "No Interns" on the door."
- "You can ignore the last section."
- "Susie : Anyway, ignoring the fact that you didn't think of this idea, it's still terrible."
- "You ignore the ad, but as you're walking past, you get hit in the face by a big blast of TigerLily fragrance."
- "Ignore any last objections the subject might have and switch on power."
Still having difficulties with 'Ignore'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Ignore'? Share it with us!