English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
an industry: a business, a trade, a sector
UK: The government should invest more money in the tourist industry.
US: The industrial revolution changed the face of the world.
- "Extensive knowledge of cosmetics industry a must!"
- "Pong Industries"
- "For the last century, Delavigne has been among the industry leaders in cosmetics and perfumes."
- "Framboise Industries Inc."
- "With over 3 months' experience in PR and damage control, Slick Brand Solution's long track record in the industry speaks for itself!"
- "He writes: Miss Bliss, how do you manage to thrive in the male-dominated perfume industry?"
- "The airline is set to revolutionise the low-cost airline industry, setting new standards in price, comfort, service and destination options."
- "They tend to favor deregulation of business and industry."
- "Our company's marquee perfume release last year, "Adonis for men", has been nominated for a "Smelly" award, the most prestigious award in the perfume industry."
- "Specifically, I've been thinking about your highly unrealistic expectations of making it in the music industry."
Still having difficulties with 'Industry'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Industry'? Share it with us!