Definition Information technology
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
IT (Information Technology): computer science and technology
an IT position a job within the computer department, a computer-related job
UK: Information technology is usually abbreviated to I.T.
US: He studied information technology at university and now works in an IT department.
- "As I'm sure you are aware, Bob has been with you for 5 years and oversees the IT department."
- "The big winners are Jean Marron, who ironically works in the IT department, and Philip Cheeter of Sales."
- "You are through to the Delavigne IT department."
- "IT assistant for the Delavigne Corporation and local French man Jean Marron was awarded the San Francisco Gold Medal Hero Award yesterday for his display of courage in saving the life of his pilot instructor."
- "I am sending you straight back to the IT department."
- "Unfortunately, a member of the IT department has discovered the "Taxman" virus on a Delavigne employee's computer."
- "- Contact your friendly IT department immediately if you notice anything strange on your computer."
- "Bob Carter IT Department"
- "The IT systems have certainly improved since his arrival, and I've even recommended the Slideshow Consulting Group to my friends."
- "I'll get one of the IT monkeys to set it up for me."
Still having difficulties with 'Information technology'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Information technology'? Share it with us!