English vocabulary and translations (See all)
IT (Information Technology): computer science and technology
an IT position a job within the computer department, a computer-related job
UK: Information technology is usually abbreviated to I.T.
US: He studied information technology at university and now works in an IT department.
- "IT assistant for the Delavigne Corporation and local French man Jean Marron was awarded the San Francisco Gold Medal Hero Award yesterday for his display of courage in saving the life of his pilot instructor."
- "The IT systems have certainly improved since his arrival, and I've even recommended the Slideshow Consulting Group to my friends."
- "- Contact your friendly IT department immediately if you notice anything strange on your computer."
- "Unfortunately, a member of the IT department has discovered the "Taxman" virus on a Delavigne employee's computer."
- "The big winners are Jean Marron, who ironically works in the IT department, and Philip Cheeter of Sales."
- "You are through to the Delavigne IT department."
- "I'll get one of the IT monkeys to set it up for me."
- "I am sending you straight back to the IT department."
- "Bob Carter IT Department"
- "As I'm sure you are aware, Bob has been with you for 5 years and oversees the IT department."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Information technology'? Share it with us!