English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a laboratory, a 'lab': a scientific workplace, a room with equipment for scientific experiments or research
UK: Eight monkeys have escaped from a medical laboratory.
US: Dexter loves making things in his laboratory.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "During the inspection of your laboratory, I observed the following"
- "Come to my laboratory later, we'll play with my snake."
- "Icarus : Welcome to the 'super duper mystery solving laboratory', everyone, which incidentally doubles as my office."
- "To the 'super duper mystery solving laboratory'!"
- "Warbuckle enters Horatio's laboratory"
- "The company, at the center of hundreds of scandals in the last 10 years, ranging from illegal bear hunts to monkey abuse to laboratory explosions, just can't seem to get their act together."
- "In light of yesterday's unfortunate laboratory explosion (on the bright side, just our third this year!"
- "If anyone has any ideas of what to build on the second floor to replace the laboratory, your suggestions are welcome!"
- "I'll just check with the boys down at the crime lab."
- "Speaking of which, I never liked the lab on the second floor - I want to move it to the basement."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Laboratory'? Share it with us!