English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(the) latest: (the) newest, most recent, most current
Note the difference between "last" and "latest". "Last" refers to the final element in a series ("This was the last film he made before he died"), and "latest" refers to the most recent (or newest) element in a series ("Have you seen the latest issue of Fishing Weekly Magazine?").
- "Re : Your latest scandal"
- "The advertisements are part of Kalvin Krime's campaign for its latest men's fragrance, Washed Up."
- "Controversial artist Rebecca Smythe brings her latest works to SFMOMA this weekend."
- "My latest mission finds me in possession of a microfiche, obtained from one Edward Moon: intern."
- "Susie : The store has three floors full of all the latest Delavigne products."
- "One wonders how the company's CEO, Bruno Delavigne will react to this latest fiasco."
- "Fukuyama : Karaoke toilets are the latest fashion in Japan."
- "The contemporary dance company "Legz 11" will be performing their latest production, called "Wind in the Treez"."
- "Today, at San Francisco's historic Bleeding Heart Theatre, in the heart of the Rainbow District, the Delavigne Corporation will announce its latest charitable endeavor."
- "Susie : Bruno and I have already spoken about this latest Kalvin Krime campaign, and he agrees with me that it's not the kind of thing we want to get involved in."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Latest'? Share it with us!