English vocabulary and translations (See all)
for life: until death, forever, for the rest of one's existence
UK: She lived a life of luxury.
US: Doctors are trying to save the child's life.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "As I begin this new chapter in my life, substituting meaningless sexual encounters with meaningful brush strokes, I would appreciate the support of my colleagues as I reveal the fruits of my labor."
- "Greedy men been killing all the life there ever was."
- "Harold : This is the longest elevator ride I ever took in my life!"
- "Real life profile"
- "Subject: RE: The first day of the rest of your life"
- "I'm loving my new life in the navy."
- "I simply want you to get to know your child and be involved in their life for the next 40 to 60 years."
- "We're on the high seas now, leagues away from our former lives as landlubbers."
- "The referee is a tit, but sometimes we have to live with many tits in life."
- "I'd like to see what your professional life is like."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Life'? Share it with us!