English vocabulary and translations (See all)
main: principal, chief, prime, major, central, dominant, primary
Our main problem is our competition. Our other problems are trivial in comparison.
The main characters in this play are all men. The supporting cast are a mix of men and women.
the main event the most important event, the big spectacle, the highlight
- "There are 5 main steps to becoming a better leader."
- "Now I'm standing inside the huge entrance hall, looking towards the main gallery space."
- "Susan : Does the main character make perfumes for a living?"
- "Susie : And finally, the main reason why no one ever responds to your advertising: there's no phone number!"
- "Lucy : Okay, you see, in the film, perfume plays a central role in the main character's life."
- "This is the main advantage of Stickypedia: the fact that content is constantly being updated means that only the best, truest information survives."
- "The main thing is that we get results."
- "Here we are in the main gallery space where-"
- "And now, without further ado, I'd like to present tonight's main event, our expert camel panel, who will answer all your questions about our favorite mammal, the camel."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Main'? Share it with us!