English vocabulary and translations (See all)
main: principal, chief, prime, major, central, dominant, primary
Our main problem is our competition. Our other problems are trivial in comparison.
The main characters in this play are all men. The supporting cast are a mix of men and women.
the main event the most important event, the big spectacle, the highlight
- "Here we are in the main gallery space where-"
- "Susan : Does the main character make perfumes for a living?"
- "This is the main advantage of Stickypedia: the fact that content is constantly being updated means that only the best, truest information survives."
- "Now I'm standing inside the huge entrance hall, looking towards the main gallery space."
- "Susie : And finally, the main reason why no one ever responds to your advertising: there's no phone number!"
- "There are 5 main steps to becoming a better leader."
- "The main thing is that we get results."
- "Lucy : Okay, you see, in the film, perfume plays a central role in the main character's life."
- "And now, without further ado, I'd like to present tonight's main event, our expert camel panel, who will answer all your questions about our favorite mammal, the camel."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Main'? Share it with us!