English vocabulary and translations (See all)
main: principal, chief, prime, major, central, dominant, primary
Our main problem is our competition. Our other problems are trivial in comparison.
The main characters in this play are all men. The supporting cast are a mix of men and women.
the main event the most important event, the big spectacle, the highlight
- "Now I'm standing inside the huge entrance hall, looking towards the main gallery space."
- "The main thing is that we get results."
- "Susie : And finally, the main reason why no one ever responds to your advertising: there's no phone number!"
- "There are 5 main steps to becoming a better leader."
- "This is the main advantage of Stickypedia: the fact that content is constantly being updated means that only the best, truest information survives."
- "And now, without further ado, I'd like to present tonight's main event, our expert camel panel, who will answer all your questions about our favorite mammal, the camel."
- "Lucy : Okay, you see, in the film, perfume plays a central role in the main character's life."
- "Here we are in the main gallery space where-"
- "Susan : Does the main character make perfumes for a living?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Main'? Share it with us!