English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
mainly: principally, mostly, especially, in particular
I watch foreign films mainly. I really like them and I watch them more than any other kind of film.
- "It's a fine city to do business in, and besides, I was told that Melbourne was mainly a cultural center."
- "We are hoping this initiative will save time and avoid hurt feelings (mainly my own)."
- "but mainly about books."
- "The slower growth this quarter is mainly due to new hirings."
- "My responsibilities included mainly administrative tasks such as creating monthly, quarterly and annual personnel reports."
- "The record turnover is mainly due to an aggressive discount policy implemented by Delavigne's Head of Sales, Philip Cheeter."
- "Day 13 : Horatio has constructed a small tent near the ovens, comprised mainly of asparagus and T-Bone steaks."
- "Mick : There are a few, but it's mainly sharks out there, mate."
- "Wang Industries is the Shanghai-based parent company for a number of successful Chinese operations, mainly industrial companies, though Wang is diversifying his holdings rapidly."
Still having difficulties with 'Mainly'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Mainly'? Share it with us!