English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(in the) middle (of the night): half-way through, during (the night); the center
What are you doing in the middle of the street, it's very dangerous!
We're in the middle of nowhere!
I'll be out of town until the middle of September: I should be back on the 15th.
I'm right in the middle of dinner. Can I call you back later?
- "Brian : Just a minute, sir, I'm in the middle of a rather important conference call with Europe."
- "Captain Donny Dare : Good, the main thing is to stay in the middle of the air."
- "Then in the middle of the ceremony, you fly away in a helicopter with your boss?"
- "Seeing all this greenery in the middle of urban New York City is a very powerful environmental statement."
- "There are two buttons on the mouse, and in the middle there's a 'wheel'."
- "In the middle of the night I often go to the fridge and bring out an ice cube, and put it to my cheek just to bring back those memories."
- "You're sitting in an outdoor Jacuzzi in the middle of winter eating filet mignon and drinking thousand-dollar champagne."
- "Susie : Next, in the middle, the most important information: who you are and what you do."
- "I'm in the middle of sabotaging an election in Western Europe."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Middle'? Share it with us!