English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to occur: to happen, to take place, to come about
Several things occurred last night, and not all of them were pleasant.
According to statistics, in France, a domestic fire occurs every 2 minutes.
- "I'll keep you posted on any developments, as and when they occur."
- "I can tell you with certainty that this is the first time that such an event has occurred at the Golden Gate Gourmet, and it will undoubtedly be the last."
- "I think I would prove particularly helpful during your periods of extended absence, as well as during 'sleepy time', which, if I understood correctly, occurs nearly every afternoon."
- "I would have replied earlier, however my accounting obligations prevented me from checking my e-mail until the early afternoon, and then an unfortunate incident occurred during my bathroom break, when my neck tie got caught in the zipper of my pants."
- "A shipment of perfume was being transported to São Paulo when the accident occurred."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Occur'? Share it with us!