English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to occur: to happen, to take place, to come about
Several things occurred last night, and not all of them were pleasant.
According to statistics, in France, a domestic fire occurs every 2 minutes.
- "I'll keep you posted on any developments, as and when they occur."
- "A shipment of perfume was being transported to São Paulo when the accident occurred."
- "I would have replied earlier, however my accounting obligations prevented me from checking my e-mail until the early afternoon, and then an unfortunate incident occurred during my bathroom break, when my neck tie got caught in the zipper of my pants."
- "I think I would prove particularly helpful during your periods of extended absence, as well as during "sleepy time", which, if I understood correctly, occurs nearly every afternoon."
- "I can tell you with certainty that this is the first time that such an event has occurred at the Golden Gate Gourmet, and it will undoubtedly be the last."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Occur'? Share it with us!