English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
an opportunity: an occasion, a possibility, a chance
I haven't had an opportunity to thank you for the present you sent me because my telephone is broken.
I'm giving you an opportunity to explain yourself. Go ahead, you have 37 seconds.
Bruno is currently seeking out investment opportunities in Asia.
a job opportunity a prospect or possibility of employment
to take the opportunity (to do sthg) to take advantage of the right moment (to do sth)
UK: The Asian market is a real business opportunity.
US: I didn't have the opportunity to thank you for the flowers.
- "Anyway, I really appreciate the opportunity to pursue this type of unorthodox training at the company's expense, and I heartily recommend to the rest of the staff to follow through and do something similar."
- "Let me take this opportunity to thank Icarus and his mother for making the effort to come along."
- "I have a great opportunity for one of you!"
- "Greg : So, I believe you're going to tell us about job opportunities in South Australia."
- "Second, the opportunity to manage a customer service department has always been a dream of mine."
- "Please find below our personalized suggestions for new profiles for your managers on the social media site, LockedIn, based on what we know about each of them. We think that this "facelift" will improve the company's reputation and even provide new business opportunities."
- "You each had the opportunity - and motive - to kill Stink."
- "You don't know me, and we've never done business together, but believe me, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
- "Happy holidays to all and thank you American capitalism for the opportunity to work straight through the festive season with so few days off."
- "Thank you very much for the many opportunities given to me during my tenure at the company, including my state of the art laboratory, monkey staff, and relaxed clothing requirements."
Still having difficulties with 'Opportunity'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Opportunity'? Share it with us!