English vocabulary and translations (See all)
He's still trying to persuade me to buy the car, but however much he tries to convince me, it's my decision in the end.
persuasive: convincing, influential, compelling
UK: The salesman persuaded me to buy a monkey.
US: You'll never persuade me to cut my hair.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "You never know what you're going to get with Warbuckle, but if anyone can persuade him, it's me."
- "So unless you can persuade me otherwise, we may have to seriously reconsider Philip's suggestions."
- "I found your advert to be quite persuasive."
- "If you really want to keep Jean on our staff, you'll persuade him to start taking some courses, you'll help him get trained."
- "Luckily for you, Freddy and I are members of the same golf club and I managed to persuade him not to press charges."
- "Minor victory: I've persuaded Horatio to wear rubber gloves after using the toilet."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Persuade'? Share it with us!