English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a plane, an aeroplane (UK), an airplane (US): an aircraft, a vehicle for air travel which has wings and one or more engines
All passengers must board the plane. Flight BA5689 to Paris is leaving soon so please can everyone get on the plane now.
- "-Small plane."
- "or a plane."
- "Let's not think about what would happen if terrorists hijacked a plane with a nuclear reactor."
- "I have impulsively decided to cancel the private plane flight with Horatio planned for this month."
- "Not only are private plane flights expensive and wasteful, but Horatio is terrified of machines, with the exception of his juicer."
- "Some of the world's best engineers work with planes, and they have already come up with some interesting solutions to the pollution problem. Here are a few of our favourites."
- "Every passenger on this plane who had fish for dinner will become violently ill in the next half hour."
- "By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"
- "I've just woken up and I'm flying a plane."
- "I fly like paper, get high like planes."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Plane'? Share it with us!