English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a poster: a notice, a bill (for example on a wall and advertising a new product)
There is a big poster downtown that says that Elvis has a new album coming out.
- "There's a poster on the wall of my office that says "A dwarf standing on the shoulders of a giant may see farther than the giant himself."
- "Unfortunately, it's not good news: I've had several complaints about the provocative nature of our posters."
- "With these posters, we wanted to encourage ordinary women to discover their sensuality."
- "Delavigne is aware of cultural differences, and has therefore decided to release a tailor-made version of each poster for each country where the adverts will be running."
- "Bruno : What's wrong with posters?"
- "Please remember that posters on streetcars and buses are seen by everyone."
- "She has quite a collection of whale and dolphin posters."
- "I am writing to express my outrage at the Delavigne posters which have appeared all over San Francisco."
- "Bruno : The posters you see every day on the streets of Paris would probably be considered pornographic here in the States."
- "Some of the images from that session were much more discreet than the ones we chose for the posters."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Poster'? Share it with us!