English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a prize: an award, a trophy, a reward
the Nobel Prize A global prize awarded to the best people in their field (science, literature, peace, etc.)
- "Samantha : Sheeba won the Nobel Prize in physics."
- "Please accept this fruit basket as your prize."
- "Convinced that his beloved pet goldfish "Bubbles", a prize won at a local carnival, is in mortal peril, Thomas has quarantined Bubbles to a 6 by 6 by 6 inch glass bowl until a vaccine is discovered or doctors clear the fish for transport."
- "Brent : Today is Halloween everybody, and Radio Rhubarb has a prize to give away to our loyal listeners."
- "Anyway, all you have to do is e-mail us your ghost stories, and the scariest one will win the Radio Rhubarb Halloween prize."
- "Cashman, a millionaire investment banker from San Francisco, took home the three-million-dollar cash prize."
- "The samba schools compete to win the main prize."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Prize'? Share it with us!