English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
properly: correctly, rightly, appropriately
Next time you wash the dishes do them properly; half of these are still dirty.
UK: Pim? Who's Pim? My name is Jim. Do try to pronounce it properly!
US: My computer doesn't work, perhaps I didn't connect it properly.
- "Go to a decent tailor and get measured properly."
- "I can't talk properly, so I use clicking sounds to communicate."
- "We never had a chance to properly finish our lunch, and I'd love to see him again sometime."
- "Please treat Hannah with respect: when you go under her desk to check the cables, don't check to see if her legs are properly connected too."
- "I would also like someone to set up her email account, check that all the cables are plugged in properly to her P."
- "I'll also want to see your products are properly labeled and correctly stored."
- "If you want to be taken seriously, you must speak properly."
- "I personally have numerous allergies which prevent me from smelling properly -"
- "I understand that some people have difficulty with their bowel movements (a direct result of eating too much unhealthy food), but if the bathrooms were cleaned properly, then this would be their problem, not everyone else's."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Properly'? Share it with us!