English vocabulary and translations (See all)
His proposal of a three-day weekend was rejected immediately.
a marriage proposal an offer or request to marry someone
a counter-proposal: a proposal offered as an alternative to an earlier suggestion
to propose: to suggest, to put forward, to present, to submit
to propose a toast to suggest that everyone drink to something or someone
UK: She received three marriage proposals last week.
US: My proposal for saving energy at work was rejected.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "In lieu of this pointless, frivolous expenditure, I propose a boring meeting at the office at 8.15 am."
- "While the print media has indeed been critical of your company recently, we propose focusing on Delavigne's Internet presence to shift the narrative from tabloid gossip to the high quality profiles and experience of your staff."
- "Susie : What kind of proposal?"
- "propose you."
- "-no more marriage proposals written on cafeteria napkins!"
- "Susie: Other messages like marriage proposals, wire transfers from Nigerian princes, and absolutely all mails from Philip Cheeter, I mark as SPAM or delete immediately."
- "Proposed LockedIn profile"
- "So would you like to discuss your espresso machine proposal?"
- "I mean, what is the concealed drawback of your proposal?"
- "Jean : In fact, I have a different proposal to."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Proposal'? Share it with us!