English vocabulary and translations (See all)
We have reached our goal of selling 100 computers a day.
to reach somebody (by telephone): to contact, to communicate with, to get through to somebody (by telephone)
to reach for (a bottle of wine): to stretch your arm for, to move towards (a bottle of wine)
UK: You can reach me on my mobile phone.
US: Have they reached an agreement yet?
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Telephone : If it's urgent, you can try to reach him on his cell phone"
- "I am unable to reach you by telephone, so I am writing you this e-mail in regards to a patient who checked in at 3 AM this morning."
- "Feel the thrust of a rocket motor reaching Mach 3 as you fly beyond the Earth's atmosphere."
- "Dave : Okay, let me get this straight: take the lift down to the ground floor, cross the hall until I reach a big door."
- "In that case, you need to take this lift down to the ground floor, go across the hall until you reach a big door."
- "Brent : Have you reached an agreement with the IFC?"
- "Atlantean president Aquaman could not be reached for comment."
- "I am confident that by working together we can reach new heights in customer service!"
- "Bruno : Brent, I'm happy to say that we have in fact reached an agreement with the International Fruit Concern, and that Miracle Juices now belongs to them."
- "We've finally reached the jewel room, where I keep my jewels."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Reach'? Share it with us!