English vocabulary and translations (See all)
regarding, in regard to: in relation to, with reference to, concerning, about
Regarding last month's report, I noticed some mistakes
If your call is regarding a savings account, press 1 to speak to our accounts team.
UK: I'm phoning regarding your research on the word 'regarding'.
US: 'Regarding' means 'with reference to'. Interesting huh?
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "I'm calling in regards to the ad I read in the paper."
- "It doesn't sound like you are on the same page regarding the future of Miracle Juices at all."
- "If this is regarding a shipment of tarantulas, please press 1."
- "Brenda : Yes, please tell him that I'm returning his call regarding a meeting next week."
- "Unfortunately, I am unable to give you more information regarding my position and purpose, because then I would have to kill you."
- "Regarding Horatio's surprise party: I've been running around trying to catch up with the department heads and here is what I've found out"
- "This letter is in regards to a poor vending experience at Saint Andre's."
- "Regarding a restaurant in Hong-Kong: if you want to try something different, I really enjoy 'The Joyful Shrimp Palace', located downtown."
- "Thanks for your inquiry regarding potential pregnancies."
- "I am unable to reach you by telephone, so I am writing you this e-mail in regards to a patient who checked in at 3 AM this morning."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Regarding'? Share it with us!