English vocabulary and translations (See all)
reliable: dependable, responsible, trustworthy
Is he a reliable witness? Can we depend on him to tell the truth?
The tip came from a reliable source. This person is very dependable and always tells the truth.
UK: You see that man over there? He's the most reliable worker in the company.
US: He drinks a bottle of whisky before coming to work - or so I heard from a reliable source.
- "Alice Gray : Well, I'm reliable, hardworking, efficient and, above all, I'm an excellent cleaner."
- "They want to travel in a reliable vehicle and look good doing it."
- "Fiona : And this is a reliable way of safeguarding information?"
- "Must be cool under pressure, stress-resistant, work well both independently and within a team. We are looking for a detail-oriented, reliable and experienced team leader."
- "Messages in bottles are not the most reliable form of correspondence, but as my camp is patrolled by French guards, there is no shortage of empty wine bottles."
- "So, I'd like you to find us a good, reliable and affordable agency."
- "Hannah is a motivated and reliable worker."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Reliable'? Share it with us!