English vocabulary and translations (See all)
reliable: dependable, responsible, trustworthy
Is he a reliable witness? Can we depend on him to tell the truth?
The tip came from a reliable source. This person is very dependable and always tells the truth.
UK: You see that man over there? He's the most reliable worker in the company.
US: He drinks a bottle of whisky before coming to work - or so I heard from a reliable source.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "So, I'd like you to find us a good, reliable and affordable agency."
- "Fiona : And this is a reliable way of safeguarding information?"
- "Alice Gray : Well, I'm reliable, hardworking, efficient and, above all, I'm an excellent cleaner."
- "Must be cool under pressure, stress-resistant, work well both independently and within a team. We are looking for a detail-oriented, reliable and experienced team leader."
- "Hannah is a motivated and reliable worker."
- "They want to travel in a reliable vehicle and look good doing it."
- "Messages in bottles are not the most reliable form of correspondence, but as my camp is patrolled by French guards, there is no shortage of empty wine bottles."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Reliable'? Share it with us!