English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to remain (calm): to stay, to keep, to continue to be (calm)
I remain at your disposal. You can ask me at any time to help you.
Each day remains the same. There is never any change; things always stay the same.
There are only two seats remaining for this show. Yesterday there were three but now there are only two seats left.
UK: The door is all that remains of my house after the explosion.
US: There are only two seats remaining for this show.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Miaow Yang : With the money we are offering, you could start a new business, even remain on the board of Miracle Juices."
- "Susie : But, if we play this right, confidence in Delavigne will not only remain intact, but maybe even be enhanced."
- "I have ten years' experience in the customer service field, as well as management experience in a local telemarketing firm. The challenging environments in which I've worked have taught me to think on my feet, communicate clearly and always remain polite and professional while dealing with callers."
- "Only three candidates remain, and although I can no longer remember what job these people are applying for, they must be very good at something to make it to this stage, which is very encouraging."
- "That part means that there will be 6 months where the Delavigne share price remains stable."
- "As for nap time, I'm afraid I remain unconvinced of its efficacy."
- "Philip : Before completing my mission, I have but one remaining task."
- "Special terms and conditions: Any stock that remains unsold six (6) months after the delivery date will be bought back in full by the Delavigne Corporation (at the same price as stated above) within ten (10) working days."
- "Ahead of the vote on June 1st, 2020, the two remaining candidates, Brits Edward Moon and Brian Jones, will clash on the big issues: cheese, the environment and the Eurovision song contest."
- "30% (remaining balance) to be paid within 30 days of acknowledgement of receipt."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Remain'? Share it with us!