English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(I love) rugby!: (I love) the sport where two teams try to score points by carrying an oval ball across a line or kicking it over and between an H-shaped set of posts
- "So there we have it, rugby is indeed a sport on the rise."
- "Other notes: Enjoys politics, beer, rugby and breakdancing."
- "We're known for our dairy products, wildlife, stunning natural beauty, and our outstanding rugby team."
- "This kind of thing is common in rugby."
- "Rugby fan : I can't put my finger on it exactly, but the sport itself remains loyal to its gentlemanly roots."
- "Who knew a 90-year old woman was so good at rugby?"
- "Rupert : Why do rugby fans have such a spirit of fair-play?"
- "Rugby fan : Well, apart from the obvious geographical reasons, there does seem to be a sense of unity that transcends national boundaries."
- "It's clear that you have mastered the ins and outs of the British pub, so I don't think you'll experience any cultural problems. I was amazed when you stood on the table and sang Abba songs with members of a women's rugby team. While this kind of behaviour may not be acceptable in front of your client, I'm sure you'll go down well with English girls!"
- "The rugby world seems to be split into two camps: those teams in the Northern hemisphere and those originating from the South, notably the South Africans, the Australians and the legendary All Blacks from New Zealand."
Still having difficulties with 'Rugby'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Rugby'? Share it with us!