Definition Save money
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to save money: to budget, to economize; to put money aside for the future
I saved $500 by flying coach instead of first class.
to save up money to accumulate, to put away (in a savings account)
Philip finally saved up enough money to buy a Ferrari.
- "I've switched off the central heating to save a bit of cash, so it's a bit chilly, but I've got plenty of blankets, and a cup of Irish coffee will warm you right up."
- "Of course, I had to fly into Liverpool, then take a bus into Manchester, then a train to London and then fly into New York and again over to San Francisco, but I saved almost $200!"
- "I'm trying to tell you about my sexual escapades, and all you can think about is how you would have saved a few dollars."
- "All signs indicate that outsourcing is providing an enormous economic service for western corporations, permitting them to save time and money by subcontracting their production to offshore companies."
- "These companies are saving millions each year on application development and maintenance, and of course personnel costs."
Still having difficulties with 'Save money'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Save money'? Share it with us!