Definition Save money
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to save money: to budget, to economize; to put money aside for the future
I saved $500 by flying coach instead of first class.
to save up money to accumulate, to put away (in a savings account)
Philip finally saved up enough money to buy a Ferrari.
- "I've switched off the central heating to save a bit of cash, so it's a bit chilly, but I've got plenty of blankets, and a cup of Irish coffee will warm you right up."
- "All signs indicate that outsourcing is providing an enormous economic service for western corporations, permitting them to save time and money by subcontracting their production to offshore companies."
- "I'm trying to tell you about my sexual escapades, and all you can think about is how you would have saved a few dollars."
- "Of course, I had to fly into Liverpool, then take a bus into Manchester, then a train to London and then fly into New York and again over to San Francisco, but I saved almost $200!"
- "These companies are saving millions each year on application development and maintenance, and of course personnel costs."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Save money'? Share it with us!