English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a situation: a position, a location; a scenario, a state of affairs, circumstances
We are trapped on a desert island without food. This isn't a good situation.
UK: You are putting me in an awkward situation.
US: There is a bit of a situation going down at the laboratories.
- "I am wondering how you feel about this situation."
- "The point is, if you make some changes here and there, you're bound to get your financial situation sorted out in no time."
- "At best, this whole situation is ethically ambiguous."
- "I know you are quite a forgetful diary, so here's a recap of the current situation"
- "Could you explain the economic situation to him?"
- "However, I want the final say on this new hire in order to avoid any more "Jean Marron situations"."
- "-Remember, there may be times when the customer is wrong about a certain situation."
- "What are your views on this situation?"
- "How will this unique situation affect the president's responsibilities to his continent?"
- "Let's fix that situation right away."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Situation'? Share it with us!