English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(to make, to deliver) a speech: (to give) a public talk, a lecture
- "And I was giving the speech for our graduating class."
- "This speech is a tradition that was started by my father, K-k-k-k- King George."
- "You know how these things work: I'll give a little speech to introduce everyone and set the mood, then our C."
- "Dr. Loblaw : Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the scientific study of anomalous speech patterns, also known as the "crazy accent contest"."
- "In a speech to the House of Commons, Sir Bear called into question the accepted science that the emission of greenhouse gases is contributing to global warming."
- "Welcome to my Christmas speech."
- "It's because of teachers like you that I'm giving this speech today."
- "Warbuckle III will deliver a keynote speech entitled "The importance of networking in business"."
- "In fact, you're as bad as some of my speech therapy patients, mmkay?"
Still having difficulties with 'Speech'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Speech'? Share it with us!