English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a spokesperson: a speaker, a representative
I cannot comment on that at the moment, but the company's spokesperson will issue a statement this evening.
- "In a surprising announcement yesterday, a spokesman for the tiny island nation of Zirconda expressed the country's desire to join the European Union as a member country sometime in 2015."
- "She is the spokeswoman for the perfume company Delavigne Corp, known for its numerous eco-friendly initiatives."
- "I am the spokesperson for the company as well as a special assistant to Mr. Delavigne, Bruno Delavigne."
- "Seeing as you're the official Delavigne spokeswoman, I'm going to need you to do some official speaking this weekend."
- "A very smug company spokesperson reported that revenues from world-wide perfume sales are up by 20% compared to this time last year."
- "Radio Rhubarb has obtained an exclusive communiqué from an alien spokesperson who calls himself "Ershnalaflslkjlksjfgps"."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Spokesperson'? Share it with us!