Definition Stock market
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
the stock market: the stock exchange (where parts of the ownership of companies are bought and sold)
- "we'll take the last third and invest in the stock market!"
- "First of all, sales forecasts aren't an exact science, nor is the stock market, and I never guaranteed anything."
- "The stock market seems to be reacting as well: Delavigne shares have risen 7 and three-quarter points since yesterday's announcement."
- "Our strategy won't be dictated to us by the stock market, and I won't be influenced by someone checking his Raspberry for quotes every five minutes."
- "Susie : As a matter of fact Philip, since you insist on making this a financial issue: immediately after the public became aware of their labor practices, their stock dropped 44% despite a booming stock market."
- "Hannah : But why are you investing in a pop group and not something more sensible like the stock market?"
- "Bruno : I understand how the stock market works, Ira."
Still having difficulties with 'Stock market'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Stock market'? Share it with us!