English vocabulary and translations (See all)
I swear to you that I didn't realize it was your sandwich that I ate! Please believe me!
Do you swear to tell the truth? Do you promise not to lie?
He swears like a sailor. He uses really rude language.
This is an irregular verb:
I swear / I swore / I have sworn
(I) swear by (Delavigne products): (I) completely trust in, have complete faith in (Delavigne products)
UK: I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
US: Don't swear at me: it's very rude.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Brian : It was out of bounds, I swear!"
- "In addition to using all-natural ingredients, the new line (code-named 'WorldBlends') is produced under humane conditions: the company has sworn to work only with manufacturers approved by human rights watchdog group P."
- "They swear by Kalvin Krime and Grevelon merchandise."
- "but I swear I didn't kill him!"
- "They never swear and spit, and my god, they look good in those tight shirts!"
- "I can't be sure, but I would swear they were almost like normal human beings: smiling, frowning, yawning."
- "Kevin : Sir, it's not that I don't have any money it's just that I don't have any money on me, I swear."
- "I swear I didn't know he was an illegal in this country."
- "And I swear the other day he frowned at me!"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Swear'? Share it with us!