English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a thing: an object; an article, a phenomenon; an item, a matter; a concern, a situation
The last thing we would want is to lose this client's business. What an awful situation that would be.
UK: The best thing about France is the pains au chocolat.
US: What's that strange thing over there?
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "But I'm warning you Horatio, if this thing goes south, I am not going to be the one cleaning up the mess."
- "The important thing is that you appreciate this fine French delicacy."
- "I've got plenty of other Scottish things planned for today: I've got a full-sized replica of the Loch Ness monster in the parking lot, and Brian mentioned that he'd like to try on some dresses with you later."
- "The mayor wants to rap with me about some things."
- "Bruno : That's a weird thing to say."
- "The sea is notorious for many terrible things and dangers."
- "Where you from, you sexy thing?"
- "We only have time to one thing tonight, what's it going to be?"
- "Bruno : Brian, do you hear the things you say out loud?"
- "Look, it's all a bit technical, but the important thing is that my company's future is secure."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Thing'? Share it with us!