Definition To be honest
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
To be honest (I am not really interested...): To be frank, sincere, to tell the truth (I am not really interested...)
To be honest, I didn't read your memo.
- "Susan : To be honest, I think your reputation can only be improved by being linked to a luxury brand like Delavigne."
- "To be completely honest, I don't know what you're saying."
- "But to be completely honest with you Miss DeLune, I was a few minutes late myself."
- "You want me to be honest with you?"
- "Mr. Steele : Look, Miss DeLune, I'm going to be honest with you."
- "Hannah : A bit busy to be honest, Icarus."
- "I feel that we've reached a point where we have to be honest with ourselves: this relationship is over."
- "God : To be honest I don't think about it much."
- "Bruno : You know to be honest Herbert, I don't know the first thing about movies."
- "You're probably wondering what exactly happened between Bruno and I, and to be honest it's not easy to explain."
Still having difficulties with 'To be honest'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To be honest'? Share it with us!