Definition To mention
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to mention: to talk about briefly, to comment, to remark
Please don't ever mention that name to me! Don't say it again, ever!
Bruno mentioned that you like playing golf; he told me you really enjoy it.
I won't mention to the boss that you were an hour late to work today. Don't worry, I won't tell her!
The manager has made no mention of raising our salaries. She hasn't said anything about it at all.
- "Bruno : No, he didn't mention anything about kilts."
- "I don't mention the monkeys and I don't mention the lab records."
- "I would be remiss if I did not mention that this company retreat will include team-building exercises led by an expert from the FunFactory Consulting Squadron."
- "I don't think so, there's no mention of fish."
- "I've got plenty of other Scottish things planned for today: I've got a full-sized replica of the Loch Ness monster in the parking lot, and Brian mentioned that he'd like to try on some dresses with you later."
- "Did he mention anything or anyone particular?"
- "First you invite us to a wedding to a mysterious French man that you've never even mentioned to us."
- "ChinaCorp will definitely be able to take care of the production requirements you mentioned."
- "Whatever you do, don't mention any pregnancy issues, or you could get DC into serious trouble."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To mention'? Share it with us!