Definition To receive
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to receive: to acquire, to get, to accept, to obtain
I received a letter from my grandfather this morning.
UK: Can you tell me when I'll receive my parcel please?
US: You received your parcel two weeks ago, madam.
- "Here are the 4 GOLDEN STEPS to receive the compensation you probably deserve"
- "Like you, I also receive many e-mails."
- "I have given her a fabulous purple tiara to distinguish her from any other messenger birds you may receive."
- "I received an e-mail from Bruno."
- "Glitches after receiving phone calls from his mother, like the human version."
- "I don't know if or when you'll receive this letter."
- "Gerald : Pass phrase received."
- "She writes "Susie, I receive a lot of e-mails every day, should I answer them or just destroy my computer?"
- "I received your last pigeon."
- "At the hotel room, well, I did actually receive an important phone call, otherwise I would have happily made love to her."
Still having difficulties with 'To receive'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To receive'? Share it with us!