English vocabulary and translations (See all)
Will you share your lunch with me? I'm hungry and I see you have lots of food.
a share: a part, a portion, a cut
I have my share of responsibility in this, as well. The responsibility is partly mine.
Share is also used in the stock-exchange to speak of a 'part' or 'stock':
I have shares in several oil companies which have risen since the invasion of Iraq.
(a) shared (bathroom): (a bathroom) used by more than one person, (a) communal (bathroom)
UK: Darling, I want to share everything with you!
US: Yes, but sharing the same toothbrush is not nice.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "I see you manage your own share portfolio."
- "Santa Claus is coming to town - especially if you own shares in Delavigne Corp!"
- "Bruno : Edward, this food is considered a delicacy, and Jean wants to share his heritage with us!"
- "I can't wait to share Tonton Hubert's foie gras with you!"
- "Thank you for allowing me to see into your lovely soul, and for sharing so much of yourself with me."
- "On the other hand, if the company would like to reimburse me for this expense, I would be willing to share the stapler with the rest of the staff."
- "Bill : Mr.Delavigne, if you start with 200 shares."
- "I share a room and a bed with a Japanese boy called Masaki, but he is not a very good roommate."
- "Do this, buy 200 shares."
- "Warning: Sharing this information can lead to death, excommunication."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'To share'? Share it with us!