English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a tourist: a holiday-maker, a traveler, a sightseer
a tourist trap a place, such as a shop or restaurant, that offers overpriced goods and services to tourists
- "We have always benefited from a healthy tourist industry, and as long as our city remains an attractive tourist destination we will continue to do so."
- "In an unlikely turn of events, an American tourist has peacefully overthrown the Peacenikland government and crowned himself "King and all-round awesome leader" of the country."
- "Ivory Coast: three German tourists have been taken hostage!"
- "Hannah : Oh, a tourist!"
- "Dave the tourist!"
- "I heard him say "slip it in your bag, it's our little secret" to a young French boy shopping for a birthday present for his mother, and "oh go on, treat yourself: I won't tell anyone" to an Icelandic tourist."
- "It's obvious after meeting her that she spends her time frivolously flying from one tourist destination to the next, on the company's dollar I imagine."
- "I'm here because two European tourists - Dutch to be precise - have been taken hostage by pirates."
- "Of course, it's become an enormous commercial enterprise, with thousands of tourists from all over the world."
Still having difficulties with 'Tourist'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Tourist'? Share it with us!